Benton Habitat for Humanity brings people together to make decent homes achievable for everyone in our community. Interns have the opportunity to participate in many aspects of the organization and they can contribute to a variety of projects that assist with the achievement of the mission of Benton Habitat for Humanity.
The Intern will work with the Family Service Coordinator to assist with partner family services, the homeowener selection process, resource allocation, and event management. The intern will gain an understanding of poverty and housing issues and will work directly with the families that Benton Habitat serves. Close to half of our partner families are primarily Spanish speaking and we are hoping to support them better by offering bilingual services. This is an unpaid internship.
- Work collaboratively with the Family Services Coordinator to communicate and support existing clients, especially with Spanish speaking homeowners
- Identify potential avenues for funding, primarily grant acquisition
- Aid Family Services Coordinator in leading family support based committees
- Develop suitable action items for family support based committees
- Work with Family Services Coordinator to maintain connections and partnerships with community agencies
- Assist Habitat Partner Families in resource education
- Identify clients who would qualify for and have a need for Habitat’s Home Repair Initiative
- Guide clients in the services provided by Habitat and the necessary application processes
- Provide alternative resources and opportunities for non-qualifying applicants
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Program administration and management
- Partnership building with community organizations
- Organizing, planning, and leading events
- Overseeing grant and funding process
- Program development
- Increased awareness of poverty and housing issues within Benton County.
KEY ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Conversational or fluent in Spanish
- Ability to work with a wide range of people
- Consistent work ethic and good time management
Expectations for this position are to work a minimum of 10 weeks for at least 6 hours a week. This is an unpaid internship. If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Tabitha Cuilla at Tabitha@bentonhabitat.org by December 21st, 2018.