Our Fall 2019 Newsletter is hot off the press! Take a read here: BHFH Newsletter September 2019
Join us at Woodlands for the official groundbreaking of our first lot! Saturday, July 20th, 10am, 618 N. 9th Street, Philomath. The Woodlands development is a 6 home subdivision of Benton Habitat for Humanity homes. We will be building 5 homes over the next 2 years and updating a current home on the property. This is our biggest project ever and we hope you’ll join us in kicking it off!
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT TEAM LEADER
Affiliate: Benton Habitat for Humanity Reports directly to: Construction Manager Work Schedule: based on projects – generally Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday Required meetings: none Personal vehicle required: Desirable
Position Summary: Provide leadership, training and motivation for volunteer crews on Construction projects. Prepare, maintain, and oversee all aspects of the construction process.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well organized, self-motivated and have the ability to problem solve.
- A basic understanding of construction or landscaping trades needed for a specific project.
- Experience in leadership, training and motivation of volunteers is a plus.
- Ability to pull the site trailer to and from project locations.
- A basic understanding of Habitat for Humanity and commitment to the mission of the organization.
TASKS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Planning: Work with Construction Manager to plan work projects and ensure that materials and tools are available at the project location when needed
- Scheduling: Work with Construction Manager to schedule workday(s) with appropriately sized volunteer crews
- Supervision: Oversee construction or specific trade work at the project site
- Training: Provide on-the-job training and supervision for semiskilled and unskilled volunteers, exercising patience and respect for volunteers at all times. Must have ability to answer specific questions about the tasks at hand, as well as general questions about the project tasks.
- Safety: Train volunteers in the proper use of equipment and other safe construction practices such as climbing ladders. Monitor observation of safety rules.
- Ensure quality work: Work with volunteers to ensure quality in all work leaders should stress to volunteers the importance of quality construction.
- Assist in maintaining a positive, professional, safe, and harassment free work environment
- Serve as ambassador for Benton Habitat for Humanity
Please submit a cover letter and resume in pdf file format by Feb. 18 to email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-ins accepted. Thank you and we look forward to reading your resume!