Applications due by January 22nd, 2019 at 5:00pm (more info: Readiness Checklist 2019)
Helping Families Build a Better Future
Families who work with Habitat for Humanity help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. Families also attend financial education classes to prepare them for long-term success.
How much does a Habitat home cost?
Although the cost of a Habitat home can vary, families pay an affordable mortgage and put in hundreds of hours of sweat equity helping to build their own homes. Sweat equity can also take other forms like building homes for others, working at the Habitat ReStore, taking classes in personal finances and more.
How to Qualify for a Habitat Home
Habitat families become active participants in building a better future for themselves and their communities. We strive to work with families whose circumstances most closely match the following conditions.
- The level of need for better housing.
- A willingness to partner with Habitat.
- The ability to pay an affordable mortgage.
Upcoming Information Sessions
- Thursday, November 29th at 6:00pm (in Partnership with Linn Benton Housing Authority), Camas Commons, 5140 SW Meadow Flower Dr, Corvallis, OR 97333
- Thursday, December 6th at 5:30pm Walnut Community Room, 4950 Fairoaks Dr, Corvallis, OR 97330
- Tuesday, December 11th at 4:00pm, Osborn Aquatic Center, 1940 NW Highland Dr, Corvallis, OR 97330
- Thursday, December 13th at 10:00am, Philomath Community Library, 1050 Applegate, Philomath, OR 97370
- Tuesday, January 8th at 2:00pm, Peace Lutheran Church, 2540 Applegate St, Philomath, OR 97370
- Friday, January 11th at 6:00pm, Osborn Aquatic Center, 1940 NW Highland Dr, Corvallis, OR 97330
- Monday, January 14th at 4:00pm, Old Mill Center for Children and Families (Ramsay Room), 1650 SW 45th Pl, Corvallis, OR 97333
Schedule one-on-one orientation by January 15th
For more information and to learn how your family can participate*, contact the Family Services Coordinator, Tabitha at (541) 752.3354 ext. 300 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
More Ways to Make a Difference
- Make a donation
- Get email updates
- Follow us on social media
*Habitat follows a nondiscriminatory policy of family selection. Neither race nor religion is a factor.